[TriLUG] Ubuntu and KVM

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Wed Aug 19 13:05:49 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 11:15:20AM -0400, Brian McCullough wrote:

> Next question.
>
> I seem to be seeing a very similar situation with KVM and LibVirt.  It
> says that you can define a partition table for your drive, but the
> documentation is really not clear on going past that.

OK. Experimentation and documentation.  It _appears_ that you can use
the "partition table definition" to define up to four drives, each with
multiple partitions.  These are created as QCow image files.  However,
there is a spot in the documentation ( don't have it in front of me, but
I remember reading it ) where you can convert, through QEMU, the QCow
file into a real partition ( in LVM, I presume ).

Onward and upward,
Brian