[TriLUG] interoperability: 802.11g and n

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 12:00:09 EDT 2009

No.  Well, none that I have tested.  I've used the scope on 802.11n (just a
couple devices mind you) and once configured for either 5 ghz or 2.4 ghz
they use only one of those bands, not both nor do they flip back and forth.
So if you wanted 802.11n with full backwards compatibility with 802.11a and
b/g you would have to have two radios, one in each band.

is n 5GHz only?