[TriLUG] VirtualBox?

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at hrivnak.org
Fri Oct 2 01:52:48 EDT 2009

I've been running XP inside VirtualBox on two different Ubuntu hosts with great
success.  It performs as well as XP ever does, and it's a piece of cake to
setup and administer.  I downloaded the latest release from VB, and both hosts
have Intel Core 2 Duo processors that include hardware virtualization.  Each
machine has 3GB of ram split equally between host and guest.

Installing the "guest additions" was a big help, in particular allowing
dynamic resizing of the guest OS resolution via its window size.

Michael