[TriLUG] VirtualBox?

Bill Morris bill_morris at ncsu.edu
Fri Oct 2 04:14:58 EDT 2009

   I've been running Virtualbox on OpenSUSE on
my desktop and SLED 11 on my IBM laptop.

  I run two Win XP VMs on my desktop. I run
a Win XP and a Windows 7 VM on my laptop.

  I really like the Seamless mode. It only shows
my Win XP taskbar w/ menu and what ever
Windows apps I run open in their own window
while letting me run my Linux apps without having
to minimize any windows.

Bill Morris

>>> On 10/2/2009 at 12:04 AM, in message <22214_1254457629_n924R7nO025753_20091002040439.8F3F7405D261 at mx.4pi.com>, Charles Fischer <fischer at 4pi.com> wrote:
Has anybody used VirtualBox?  I want to run Fedora and Windows 7 on a
P4 3.2GHz with 2GB memory.  Host OS will be Windows 7 and guest OS
Linux.  Am I out of my mind, or will this work well?

Thanks
Charles Fischer