[TriLUG] VirtualBox?

John Mitchell john280z at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 07:53:53 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 12:04 AM, Charles Fischer <fischer at 4pi.com> wrote:

> Has anybody used VirtualBox?

  At work I run Linux inside a VirtualBox on a 2.8 GHz P4 (single core) Win
XP box with 2 Gig ram  When compiling ARM code in Linux the Win system is
almost useless, it can take 10 seconds for the screen saver login to react.
Much better perf on a dual core, both will run almost full speed. Ona singel
core box, run as little as possable on the guest.
   I run VirtualBox on my Vista laptop (AMD, dual core, 64 bit, 4 Gig ram)
and it runs very good, it's wonderful to test out this weeks latest distro,
just download and run it.

john mitchell