[TriLUG] OT: four plotters.. what are they worth?

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Mon Oct 26 14:31:06 EDT 2009

Greg Brown wrote:
> he acquired was a small stable of plotters and they are as follows:
>
> HP DesignJet 7550m with Ethernet card
> HP DesignJet 750c with Ethernet card
> HP DesignJet 110 plus (usb and parallel but no Ethernet that I saw)
> HP Deskjet 1120c (looks to be parallel only)
>
> A phenomenal amount of toner, pens, printer cartridges, paper and
> other supplies where also present.
>
> Do any of these plotters hold any value?  If so does anyone know
> what they are worth?

I have an 1120C I picked up at the RARS hamfest two years ago for $10.
I use it for being able to print tabloid (11x17) and C-size (17x22)
printouts -- handy for circuit diagrams, class, db and sequence diagrams,
A/V production wiring diagrams, and so on.  Since it is just an inkjet,
it works fine as just a color printer too (good CD lables, etc).

Here is what I know about the other 3:

Designjet 110+
	- inkjet; 1200 x 600 dpi; PCL-3
	- Engineering D-size paper (22x34), Architectural D+ Size (24x36)
	  (also known as small poster size), up to long poster size (24x64)
	- ebay about $1050

Designjet 750C
	- inkjet; 600 dpi; HP-GL/2
	- Engineering E-size paper (34x44)
	- ebay about $650

Designjet 7550 series
	- pen-plotter; HP-GL/2
	- don't know what differentiates the 7550M from a 7550B I have
	  (which uses B-size paper)

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA