[TriLUG] scripts and the gnome desktop

Pete at Soper.US Pete at Soper.US
Sun Nov 1 22:07:52 EST 2009

I knew my msg would instantly make me feel blind. I recall now looking at
the "places" menu a few revs back and finding smb4k and dolphin better, so
I'd trained myself out of even seeing this menu! It's now the size of a bus
tail light. And Places->Network seems to just work now for browsing other
systems. Nice.

Yes, apart from clutter I dislike root window launcher icons since Gnome
made it trivial to drag/drop onto the tray (as I suspect you know). I no
longer have to think about avoiding some piece of the desktop to keep a key
launcher from being covered up, and Gnome does the right thing if the
original root window icon is trashed.

-Pete