[TriLUG] TriJUG meeting details FYI

Pete at Soper.US Pete at Soper.US
Tue Nov 3 12:45:02 EST 2009

(Feel free to forward this to interested parties. I'm Ccing TriLUG because
of the frequent overlap of interests and so they just get one copy instead
of a random number of forwards. Now see if you can say "JUG" and "LUG" 10
times each in eight seconds or less.)

Just a note to mention that now, always, and perhaps forever TriJUG monthly
meetings are each 3rd Monday of the month.

So the next one (Tom McCuch's talk and demos about "What's New in Spring
3.0") is Monday November 16th, at the usual  Nortel Networks main building
featuring the "big yellow wall." More detailed reminders will be sent about
a week and a day ahead.

This month before the presentation there will be the annual election of the
2010 TriJUG board. The list below has all the nominees in my records.
Additional nominations are welcome and there will be room for last moment
additions too.

In December there will be the annual TriJUG birds of a feather meeting,
featuring relaxed, pleasant conversations and perhaps a mini-demo or two
about whatever the attendees feel like sharing.

In January Deutsche Bank will present something to do with their very heavy
use of Java, details TBD.

If you have interest in presenting to TriJUG or know somebody who does, send
a message to speakers at trijug.org .

---------
Current Trijug Board of Directors nominees for 2010 term:

Rob Cameron (outgoing outreach coordinator)
Joe Forbert (outgoing speaker coordinator)
Lee Haslup (outgoing president)
Dennis Laws (outgoing treasurer)
Manon Laws (outgoing webmaster)
Bhanu Tanty (outgoing web developer)
Chris Brown (outgoing event coordinator) (tentative: I need to reconfirm
with Chris)
Pete Soper (outgoing secretary & temporary event coordinator)
---------
In addition to this list there should be mention of Jeff Barschaw of Nortel
who is TriJUG's liaison and Todd Hagstrom of Nortel who continues to support
TriJUG use of the meeting site.

Special thanks also to Joanne Henderson and the US R&D group at Deutsche
Bank for sponsoring pizza and to Aaron Houston and the rest of the gang at
Sun Microsystems for providing the big pile of interesting books given away
at last month's meeting.

Regards,
Pete