[TriLUG] sourcing outbound traffic from internal NIC

Tom Barron tbarron at dyncloud.net
Sun Dec 6 15:52:48 EST 2009

Well, instead of driving this off a timer, you can run a script when the
interface comes up.  Where you put the script depends on your OS flavor.
On Debian/Ubuntu systems, you could add a little script to
the /etc/network/if-up.d/ directory.  On RedHat/Centos, check
out /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/,
probably /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-routes.  Slackware, gentoo,
etc. have other hooks.