[TriLUG] Need secondary DNS provider

Aaron Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Wed Feb 17 10:54:49 EST 2010

If you'd like a local alternative which is quite cheap, and very
responsive, I recommend Intrex.net.  I don't know for sure that
they're still running the same setup, but at least at some point in
the past I personally built the hardware and software setup they use
to run their BIND DNS servers, and still trust them for some domains I
manage.  :)  Their support is very responsive, I recently had to
update some records in short order for a domain which had gone dark
due to a myriad of conspiring errors (a line card outage in the middle
of a migration that took the business people weeks to do what should
have taken hours), and they were both very fast and competent
(uncovering a stupid goof I'd made with a serial and helpfully
correcting for it and pointing it out to me).

All in all, for secondary DNS services when it really matters, I'm
very happy to be their customer.
Aaron S. Joyner