[TriLUG] PoE cameras (for security) and software to record them

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 13:27:26 EST 2010

Hi folks.  I know I'm looking for the opinions of Greg Brown on this one.  I
believe he may be our resident expert, however I'm open to the thoughts from
all.  I have acquired some power over ethernet injectors and thought I could
use them to put up some video cameras for fun, like aimed at my front door,
back door, etc.  I also figured there's no point to that without software to
display/capture the video and log it.

Any suggestions out there for the hardware and software?  I would prefer the
software be open source, linux based and hopefully easy to use, but I'll
take options for open source on win, lin or mac.

thanks,
David