[TriLUG] Failing at Ubuntu Wireless Adapter Crap Shoot

Scott Chilcote scottchilcote at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 4 10:36:17 EST 2010

matt at noway2.thruhere.net wrote:
> 3 - can you (obtain and) connect the ubuntu PC to a wireless router via
> cat-5 cable and use it as a wireless bridge to the rest of your network by
> way of the two wireless routers?  Caution, subnetting may be required.

Hi Matt,

This is an intriguing notion!  I just happen to have sitting on a nearby
shelf an old Netgear WG602 wireless bridge that we used years ago,
before a Linksys wireless router arrived and DD-WRT made life much better.

So I can hook this thing up backwards and use it to sit on our wlan?
Whoda thunk?  Well apparently someone did, and I'm glad for that. Woohoo!

Thanks for the pointer!

Scott C.