[TriLUG] Need help with some hardware issues

Brian Blater brb.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 13:34:37 EST 2010

I'm building a Mythbuntu box and having a hard time with some hardware.

I'm running version 9.10 on an AMD box (can't recall the MB at the
moment.) Anyways, I have a 65GB SATA drive plugged in to the SATA
port, a 300GB EIDE drive and a DVD-ROM drive connected to the IDE
channel. Anyways, when I first boot and build Mythbuntu the 300GB
drive is /dev/sda and the 65GB is /dev/sdb. I'm configuring the 65GB
with /dev/sdb1 as boot and /dev/sdb3 as /. After everything is
configured and it reboots for the first time everything is fine. I
then install updates etc and reboot. Now I end up at the initrams
prompt and it appears that the 65GB is /dev/sda and the 300GB is
/dev/sdb.

So, I've tried changing GRUB to boot from hd0,1 etc and a few other
things but short of just removing one drive or the other I can't get
this figured out. I'm sure this is something simple, but I'm just not
on my "game" these days and I'm at a loss.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian