[TriLUG] Android Phone vs iPhone vs other smartphones

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Tue Mar 16 22:28:09 EDT 2010

I've got a mac and use ical and mac mail apps. The iphone made it simple, sync all my calendars, email accounts, music, etc.  If you already love your macbook, you won't be disappointed in an iphone.  I got the wife one was well, I was tired of trying to get other phones to sync contacts etc from my mac.  Also being able to download the source and write your own apps only really matters *if* your actually going to do that.  I haven't found anything that I really needed from my iphone that I need it to do.  I do wish that the iphone had flash though for some sites, but hey flash is something I can live without.  And the Visual Voicemail of the iphone rocks! I'd really miss visual voicemail if I didn't have the iphone. Yes I'd like to be able to put my own apps on it without jail breaking it.  But I'll live without that if it means my phone is stable.  My phone is the last thing I want to dork with.  I have all kinds of BSD and Linux boxes to tinker with.  Also I have relatively decent coverage from AT&T, but my opinion is all cell phone companies suck, they all can be better and have better coverage, and it's pretty subjective since everyone visits different places, it really depends on where you go and what you do.  If AT&T would have had a droid at the time I got my iphone I would have considered it, But I really like the iphone and the fact it just works.  If you're already a mac person you can't go wrong.

Matt P.