[TriLUG] Android Phone vs iPhone vs other smartphones

Adam Gregory arcaneadam at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 12:09:40 EDT 2010

>Does anyone use Google Voice on the Droid?  I have a Google Voice account
>and hear the integration with Android is supposed to be good.  (iPhone app
>store still forbids the Google Voice app I believe)

It's absolutely wonderful. This is one of the best features. You can get
full integration with GV on the Droid. Giving you the option to route all
calls through GV, or have the option weather to call with your cell # or GV
#. Then obviously the reading/listening to messages on it is great. If you
have the my circle plan, GV and a droid and don't care about caller id for
incoming calls you could literally set your phone up to never use your plans
minutes.

I've had no problems with my gmail sync when I have turned on. I turn it off
most of the time to save battery since I'm at a computer all day. But often
times I'll be sitting at my computer with gmail open and the phone will buzz
with a new email before the web version even pops it up. I'll read it on the
web and it will be marked as read on the phone net time I look at it, and
vis versa.
-----
***NEW CELL PHONE # Please Update(See Below)***
Adam A. Gregory
Drupal Developer & Consultant
Web: AdamAGregory.com
Twitter: twitter.com/adamgregory