[TriLUG] google to offer FttH?

Jeff Schornick jeff at schornick.org
Mon Mar 22 14:58:31 EDT 2010

> This just ran across my edesk.  It ends this Friday.  Am I way out of
> the loop?

Indeed you are, but we'll still let you come to meetings.

All three points of the Triangle (as well as Greensboro) are actively
organizing their applications and propaganda to be one of the chosen
few.  Durham appears to be the most organized and active at this
point, but cities country-wide have been upping their antics to draw
attention to their particular municipality.  As a result, the venture
has getting plenty of airtime.

I'd also imagine the NC Broadband list is all over this.

Personally, I'd consider this Google's least scary venture of late.
I'd simply be happy to finally be the guy who has bad-ass connectivity
to brag about.  I'm tired of all my friends telling me how cool their
FIOS is.  =)

  - Jeff