[TriLUG] problems with Core i3 or intel gfx?

Brian Phelps brphelps at ieee.org
Sun Mar 28 20:56:27 EDT 2010

Sorry if this advice is below your skill level, not trying to in but some
things I usually check here:

Are there two graphics cards, one on board one agp/pci?

Will it come up in text only mode?

If you hit ctrl-alt-f1 do yo get a login screen?

Sometimes a seemingly locked computer is just X crashed.

I have also seen bleeding edge hardware not be supported by the kernel.

I used debootstrap to make my own USB Linux disk and then installed grub on
it.  Once you debootstrap try compiling the latest kernel and using that one
instead.

That is how I have solved this issue in the past.  Hope it helps.