[TriLUG] exchange replacement

Clay Stuckey claystuckey at gmail.com
Thu May 20 09:58:37 EDT 2010

OK, I feel dirty even thinking about exchange. I have a 1-person consulting
business. I have been using imap for my mail needs to be able to access my
information from multiple places. I have been tempted lately to stand up an
exchange server to have imap-like access to my information but to extend
coverage to notes, tasks and calendering. I have an iphone and predominately
use XP as my desktop. Anyone know if a Linux-based solution that will
provide email/cal/task/notes to iphone and XP? I have thought of zimbra but
I think it is just web-based. I want to have my iphone notify me of upcoming
appointments without having to be online.

Clay