[TriLUG] m0n0wall hardware

Emmaus Smith esmith.blackberry at gmail.com
Fri May 28 13:17:54 EDT 2010

I know it's technically not Linux, but I need some advice from the group.

A former (non-profit) employer needs my help in getting their network and
public wi-fi squared away. Currently, it's running on an old Pentium PC, but
it has a few issues starting up at the start of the season (they only
operate during the summer). I'd like to replace this with a more suitable
piece of hardware such as a Soekris board or some other CF based system, but
they need it running this weekend. Is there anywhere locally I can get
something like that?

They're located in Western NC, so any place along I-40 between here and
Asheville, NC would also be acceptable.

If I can't find a purely flash based system, I'll salvage a not-quite-so
outdated piece of hardware from Work to get them by for a few more years,
but I'd prefer something that will work for much longer so I don't keep
getting emergency calls every May.

Thanks,

Emmaus Smith
suamme1 at gmail.com