[TriLUG] m0n0wall hardware

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Fri May 28 14:52:52 EDT 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Ron Kelley <rkelleyrtp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Curious, why not just by an off-the-shelf linksys/d-link/etc firewall from a local store and use that?

Tolerance to high temps and general reliability. I love to use WRTs,
but only if the client is willing to pay for two of them. A Soekris,
on the other hand, I would stick in an AC-less crawl space or what
have you with confidence. (Aside: the reliability of WRTs seems to
skyrocket if you are willing to pay an extra $15 or so for a good wall
wart from a reputable supply place and take the time to see what else
is nearby and/or on the same breaker.)

Also I get the impression that he's already using m0n0wall and wants
to stick with that. Can't run that on a WRT.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
ibiblio.org systems