[TriLUG] How do I create an encryption key for windows Outlook from a linux box

Justis Peters jtrilug at indythinker.com
Fri Jun 18 18:58:08 EDT 2010

Ralph Blach wrote:
> My sister uses Microsoft windows outlook for her mail client, and I
> cannot see here changing.
>
> How do I create a certificate, which I can send to here which she can
> import and I can encrypt
> mail against.
Check out this rather cynical but humorous blog post:
http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/2008/08/13/no-one-uses-gpg-with-outlook/
This might be worth a look: http://www.gpg4win.org/
This was built by one of the people commenting in the original post:
http://www.cumps.be/gpg-in-outlook-2007-outlookgnupg/

On your end, you might consider Enigmail:
http://enigmail.mozdev.org/home/index.php

If you don't use Thunderbird, there are hundreds of other ways to do GPG
emails under *nix. Best of luck :)

Kind regards,
Justis