[TriLUG] How do I create an encryption key for windows Outlook from a linux box

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 21:40:57 EDT 2010

You want CA signed certs rather than web of trust certs (like
PGP/GnuPG).  You can get CA signed mail certificates free from
startssl.com and instantssl.com, possibly others.  You both need certs
of course.  I think outlook will handle these types of certificates
out of the box.  The certificate providers will have tutorials for
installing and using the certificates.

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Ralph Blach <chipperb at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> My sister uses Microsoft windows outlook for her mail client, and I cannot
> see here changing.
>
> How do I create a certificate, which I can send to here which she can import
> and I can encrypt
> mail against.
>
> Thanks
>
> Chip
> --
> This message was sent to: Joseph Tate <dragonstrider at gmail.com>

Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com
Web: http://www.dragonstrider.com