[TriLUG] Anyone using TW Telcom?

John Broome jbroome at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 17:08:11 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 15:45, Kristopher Kane
<kristopher.kane at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, how much would at 6x6 run you and how many dedicated IPs?  Will they run
> this to residential or is it location/fiber limited? I talked about getting
> TWC (tv only) for my old unit down at Bragg and they said because of our
> location a new node would cost 10k.  I think we went with beans and bullets
> instead.

I doubt they have fiber in residential areas, and i doubt you want to
pay what it would cost to get it there.  If you're residential and
want OMG speeds, i think fios and at&t u-verse are your only options.
You can check on the respective sites for an availability wizard.

we have a /27 at work.  Once we had an install date i logged into
their portal and made an IP request.  They wanted justification for
the # you requested though.