[TriLUG] Linux version recommendations for OLD laptop...

Chris Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Mon Jul 19 09:42:42 EDT 2010

On 7/19/2010 9:30 AM, Joel James Adamson wrote:
> I always remember XP being slow as liquid nitrogen in January at the
> South Pole on any machine I've ever used it on, so I can't recommend it
> over Fedora or Ubuntu ;)

Given that the average low temperate at the south pole, even in July (the
coldest time of year there), is 258F degrees _above_ the boiling point of
liquid nitrogen, should we take that as a ringing endorsement of Windows XP?

;)

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services