[TriLUG] web window size

Russ Jones russ at virante.com
Tue Jul 20 13:20:34 EDT 2010

To my knowledge there is no way to affect the browser size from a
server-side command. The only data the browser ever sees is what comes
through the headers and/or HTML.

That being said, your best bet is to use the server to direct browsers based
upon whether they are mobile or not (ie: most mobile browsers carry a
user-agent which will tell you as much). This way, you can simply redirect
non-mobile browsers to the a different page altogether.