[TriLUG] web window size

David M. turnpike420 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 14:03:27 EDT 2010

If a website I visit resizes my browser window I get annoyed. That said, I'm
not sure what the full purpose of the site is but using divs and CSS are
likely a good path.

On Jul 20, 2010 1:54 PM, "Glenn Hennessee" <glenn.hennessee at gmail.com>
wrote:

Put the content in a <div></div> that has been styled with a width is the
only way I know of attempting this but it won't actually change the size of
the browser window. As far as I can determine javascript is the only way to
change the window size. The suggestion of checking browser agent and
branching is your only bet for actually doing what you want to do I think.
glenn

e.g. <div style="width:400px; "> </div>

On 07/20/2010 01:20 PM, William Sutton wrote:

> You mean, short of wrapping the content in a tab...
Glenn Hennessee
Department of Chemistry
NC State University
Raleigh, NC 27606
Voice: (919) 515-2947 FAX: (919) 515-8909
Email: Glenn_Hennessee at ncsu.edu

--
This message was sent to: David McDowell <turnpike420 at gmail.com>