[TriLUG] new laptop warranty

Brian Cottingham spiffytech at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 11:51:12 EDT 2010

  I've had a Dell laptop running Linux for four years, and have made
plenty of hardware support calls. Dell support almost never cared that I
was running Linux, except in the rare case where they needed a special
Windows diagnostic to be run. Even then, when I made it clear I'm a
tech-savvy user who can properly diagnose my own machine's problems,
they skipped the diagnostics and hooked me up with parts and repairs.

-Brian