[TriLUG] OT: Sen. Hoyle admits he let Time Warner Cable write NC's ant-muni BBND Bill

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Thu Sep 2 09:51:20 EDT 2010

On 09/02/2010 09:42 AM, Brian Henning wrote:

> Hooray for centralized government!
>
> I'm no anarchist by any means, but it's baloney like this that really
> undermines what little confidence I have in our great nation's leadership.

I'm not sure what you mean by "centralized government" but this was a
state senator for NC. All government is centralized to some extent. I
bet if we went back to the time of city-states we'd hear people
complaining about how someone from "the city" doesn't have the right to
pass laws for their neighborhood.

Yes corrupt governments suck. I think the recipe for fixing that is more
transparency rather than decentralizing things.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP