[TriLUG] OT: Sen. Hoyle admits he let Time Warner Cable write NC's ant-muni BBND Bill

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Thu Sep 2 10:34:53 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Brian Henning <bhenning at pineinst.com> wrote:
> <rant>
>
> Hooray for centralized government!

He is a state senator representing Gaston county:

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascripts/members/viewMember.pl?sChamber=S&nUserID=14

so I'm not sure what you mean by "centralized government" here or how
it's germane.

> I'm no anarchist by any means, but it's baloney like this that really
> undermines what little confidence I have in our great nation's leadership.

Again, he is a state level representative, not national.

If we're going to successfully defeat these ridiculous kinds of
lobbying efforts, it is very appropriate for us to get righteously
angry. We have to be careful, however, not to wander off into the
weeds and boil off our anger uselessly. Now I won't presume to tell
you where you should direct your righteous anger, but this list
strikes me as a more appropriate place to have a call to action.

For example, please go here:

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/GIS/RandR07/Home.html

And find out who represents you if you don't already know. From there,
send a piece of paper mail or make a phone call to get in touch with
that person. Do it at least three times. Every time, you should have a
brief, calm, clear statement about what motivated you to get in touch.

Peace and good luck to you,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
ibiblio.org systems