[TriLUG] OT What local tv service do you use with your mythtv?

Carl Crider c.crider at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 10:10:16 EDT 2010

TWC user here.

We switched to HD, and use their DVR service now. I have had no
issues with the service itself, but the DVR has had 2 issues.
1) The molasses-slow reaction time between remote and box is
frustrating. We've replaced
them both (box and remote) and it's mad no difference. This is a pain
when forwarding through
commercials.
2) The DVR has "locked up" and rebooted itself a few times this year.
I tend to freak out about
things like this; considering how I make a living freaking out about
things like this. :)

Our setup now is, TWC/HDTV/DVR, Ubuntu Media Box (internet, show
downloads, fileserver media, etc.),
and the Wii for Netflix.