[TriLUG] OT What local tv service do you use with your mythtv?

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Fri Oct 15 11:18:49 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Mark Kempster <mark at kempster.org> wrote:
> I was under the impression that one couldn't use mythtv (or perhaps
> more precisely, the tuner cards) to read a signal off the wire and
> create a video file without some magic box from the provider, be it
> from ATT or TW digital. Obviously, I need to do some reading there.

Yes, you will need to read up on this.  I believe that some cable
channels are encrypted but I don't know which ones.

TriLug members could help out by adding some more info to the MythTV
wiki for our region.  There are only two entries for North Carolina
cable TV line-ups.  This is the closest, and it is out of date (2007).
  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Charlotte,_NC_-_Time_Warner

Bill