[TriLUG] OT What local tv service do you use with your mythtv?

Jason Sullivan jason0x21 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 11:01:37 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Mark Kempster <mark at kempster.org> wrote:
> Thanks all for the input!
>
> I was under the impression that one couldn't use mythtv (or perhaps
> more precisely, the tuner cards) to read a signal off the wire and
> create a video file without some magic box from the provider, be it
> from ATT or TW digital. Obviously, I need to do some reading there.

Actually, I think I might have been wrong on the mythTV + Uverse
thing.  I was under the impression that AT&T _had_ to give you an STB
with firewire out (which would enable mythTV just fine), but
apparently that's either not the case, or nobody's pressed them on
that enough to relent.

It looks like some folks take the output of the STB (either SD video
or HD component) and use a capture device while using mythTV with an
IR control output,  but that way gets kind of crufty.

--
Jason Sullivan
jason0x21 at gmail.com