[TriLUG] Netbook

Vinod Kurup vinod at kurup.com
Fri Oct 22 08:13:45 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 7:09 AM, Tom Eisenmenger
<teisenmenger at charter.net>wrote:

> Ubuntu Remix 10.10 is apparently heavily revised from previous versions:
> http://www.linux-netbook.com/video/a-closer-look-at-ubuntu-unity.  The
> jury's still out as to whether it is an improvement or not over the previous
> interface.
>
> System76 offers Linux exclusively and has a couple of netbook models to
> offer:  http://www.system76.com/index.php?cPath=28  Their prices seem to
> be comparable to "standard" netbooks, however without much in the way of
> cost savings by ditching the MS tax.
>
> Tom

I can vouch for System76. I bought my first Ubuntu laptop from them in 2006
and my second in 2009 and both are running perfectly.

I also have an eeePC that is running stock Ubutnu 10.04, which I agree is
way better than the Remix thing, at least for my purposes.

Vinod

--
Vinod Kurup, MD
vinod at kurup.com