[TriLUG] Netbook

Tom Eisenmenger teisenmenger at charter.net
Fri Oct 22 07:09:53 EDT 2010

Ubuntu Remix 10.10 is apparently heavily revised from previous versions:
http://www.linux-netbook.com/video/a-closer-look-at-ubuntu-unity.  The
jury's still out as to whether it is an improvement or not over the previous
interface.

System76 offers Linux exclusively and has a couple of netbook models to
offer:  http://www.system76.com/index.php?cPath=28  Their prices seem to be
comparable to "standard" netbooks, however without much in the way of cost
savings by ditching the MS tax.

Tom