[TriLUG] Dual-homed Internet?

Neil L. Little nllittle at embarqmail.com
Fri Oct 22 13:05:47 EDT 2010

Most Telcos offer the faster ADSL2 (bridged DSL) that is good for 6mb
down. T1's will give you synchronous throughput (same speed down/up) but
it is not going to be much better than DSL lite. They also cost a pretty
penny ($1k/month last I checked) as they require hardened pairs.

PfSense as a project hasnt seen a whole lot of activity of late and Im
wondering if its becoming orphaned.

I have found another firewall called Untangled. Its based on
Debian/Ubuntu. You might consider this.
I put together boxen using one of those micro atx (intel) mobos using an
Atom processor that will sit quitely in the corner and not complain
much. It cost just a bit over $200.

73,
Neil Little, WA4AZL