[TriLUG] redundant job postings

Steve Burnett burnett at pobox.com
Thu Dec 9 07:30:05 EST 2010

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> I went to the jobs section in craigslist last night to find many of the jobs
> that I've seen posted here. I thought that the postings here were somehow
> unique to this list (although I hadn't thought about what might qualify as
> unique). I now see that many of the job postings here are dupes of postings
> elsewhere, which could be better handled by a link to the original posting.
>
> I think it's good to know about jobs, and I think links to Linux related jobs
> are a reasonable use of this list, but a posting here should be on the basis
> that it has something unique to this list like
[original trimmed]
I personally have no problem, especially in an at-best-still-sluggish
economy, hitting the Delete key on jobpostings to this list that are of no
personal interest to me: I consider the cost to me trivial and the
potential benefit to other list members high.

regards,
Steve Burnett  http://bit.ly/steveburnett