[TriLUG] OT: Windows Help - Please No Flames

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Mon Jan 3 17:17:24 EST 2011

Nuke and pave is my preferred embodiment after trying basic
troubleshooting techniques.

Question: how long has PC been in service? If the answer is more than a
year or two (with XP, answer might be many years), then it takes less
time to flatten a system and load up operating system and applications
than to pull out hair trying to figure out who downloaded the "jump to
nowhere" instruction that is screwing with it.

Of course, it goes without saying to back up stuff first...

Regards,

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Networks - ONE(tm) Plan to put IT maintenance behind the
scenes, after-hours and out of your way.

Tel: 919-838-1672 Cell: 919-606-1772 Skype: neusedotnet Web:
http://www.neuserivernetworks.com Linkedin:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/neuse Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/neuseriver Twitter: http://twitter.com/neuse