[TriLUG] UPS Recommendations?

David Both dboth at millennium-technology.com
Sat Jan 15 14:00:38 EST 2011

I use 4 APC Back-UPS 1500's with my Linux systems. I have apcupsd for UPS
management which is available from the fedora Updates repo. Should install
directly using yum. These UPS systems connect using USB so it is very easy to
install and manage them.

Other size APC Back-UPS should work as well.

On 01/15/2011 01:21 PM, Randy Barlow wrote:
> My home UPS just died, after I gently picked it up to identify the model
> number to order a new battery. It wouldn't turn back on after that!
>
> I'm looking for recommendations for a Linux friendly UPS. I'd like
> something that there are available monitoring tools that can do things
> like shut down hosts when the battery gets low. I'll need something that
> can power a machine with a 700 W power supply and some monitors long
> enough at least to shut it down in a power outage.
>
> So, do any of you have UPSs that you just love?

David P. Both, RHCE
Millennium Technology Consulting LLC
919-389-8678

dboth at millennium-technology.com

www.millennium-technology.com
www.databook.bz - Home of the DataBook for Linux
DataBook is a Registered Trademark of David Both