[TriLUG] your favorite lowish cost thin laptop

Tom Eisenmenger teisenmenger at charter.net
Mon Jan 17 10:27:40 EST 2011

When I replaced my Dell Latitude 610C I went with a Gateway MT6481 with
which I've been very happy but I wouldn't necessarily call it "thin".
We subsequently bought my son a slimmer budget Gateway notebook with
which he's been very happy.

Looking at the Dell Vostro V130, it seems that all of their
configurations have dual-core chips, albeit in a single processor.  At
that pricepoint, it looks like a good choice to me (in fact, you have me
mulling an upgrade...)!

Tom