[TriLUG] Upcoming vote on TriLUG non-profit status

matt at noway2.thruhere.net matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Tue Feb 1 09:02:14 EST 2011

If I am interpreting the last few messages on this subject correctly, the
question has been raised as to whether or not Trilug is even registered as
a 501(c)?  Does this impact the discussion or our options at all?

Personally, I think that maintaining the organizations legal identity is
valuable.  I am also getting the distinct impression that not having this
identity may make certain financial dealings considerably more difficult.

In one of the posts yesterday, William Sutton had said in response to my
earlier comments, "Sounds like you volunteered yourself."  To that end, I
would like to offer any assistance I can and would like to suggest that
the SC can contact me on or off lift to this end.

I am also getting the impression that the current SC is feeling at least a
bit overwhelmed with the amount of work involved and I would like to offer
any assistance I can provide in this regard too.  As has been mentioned a
couple of times in this discussion, perhaps the time has come to increase
the size of the committee to better address the range of needs?