[TriLUG] Upcoming vote on TriLUG non-profit status

Jeff Schornick jeff at schornick.org
Thu Feb 3 15:24:40 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 15:06, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack at wm7d.net> wrote:
> including the hardware?

The hardware is from before my time, but my understanding is that the
two servers which TriLUG uses are either on permanent loan or actual
TriLUG assets.  Another member will need to provide the historical
details.

There is a potential concern that if the hardware was donated to the
corporation, it may need to be re-distributed per certain rules if
that corporation is dissolved.  If they are actually on some sort of
loan to us, this may not apply.

>> Meeting space is donated by Red Hat.
>
> This depends on our legal status too (from the wiki)

It *may* depend on our legal status.  This is still unclear, and
deserves to be investigated.

>> Annually, we incur a few minor recurring charges (PO box rental)
>
> is this required for legal reasons?

Not to my knowledge.  The cost is minor ($22 per 6 months) and
provides us with some static element in the face of a potentially
dynamic steering committee.  If we stay incorporated, I'm personally
of the opinion that a physical mailing address is a reasonable
expense.  If we dissolve, less so.

  - Jeff