[TriLUG] MythTV Frontend hardware

Ken Mink ken.mink at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 14:28:30 EST 2011

I have two frontends that are Acer Aspire Revos AR1600-U910H. These are
little all-in-one boxes with an Atom 230 and NVidia ION. Doing 1080p,
the cpu is at 5%. Mythtv using VDPAU works great on them. Unfortunately,
they are out of production. I recently bought a third frontend. It's a
Zotac ZBOX HD-ID11. It comes without a HD and RAM. Once populated, the
box works as well as the Revos.

All three boxes have a SD card slot, but I've not tried to boot from it.
They don't have optical drives. The Zotac is a little louder than the
Revos. The Revos are nearly silent.

Ken