[TriLUG] Ask TriLUG: Best Tax Filing Software?

Reginald Reed reginald.reed at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:40:06 EDT 2011

Similar to Alan's comment below about the "Best," it also applies to
generalizations such as "it's not difficult."  Whether or not one's
taxes are "difficult" to do the old fashioned way is so variable
laden, it's probably not worth saying it.  Key variables being
mathematical aptitude, reading comprehension and most importantly your
specific tax situation, to name a few.

I personally use Turbo Tax Home & Business on OS X and Windows and
have used Turbo Tax variants over the past 4 years successfully for
our semi-complex tax situation (2 small business, capital
gains/losses, stock options, employee stock purchase plans, dividend
reinvestment plans, foreign securities, etc, etc).  I miss the long
gone days of the 1040EZ :(

--Reggie