[TriLUG] Want to Participate in World IPv6 Day?

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Thu Mar 31 13:23:06 EDT 2011

> Maybe peering with your neighbors is the solution, but I sure wouldn't
> want to get a DMCA violation notice for the torrent that Timmy down
> the street happened to download through my connection. Otherwise, the
> first step might be as simple as creating wireless routers that are
> able to bridge wireless LAN's in dense neighborhoods.

There are community wireless projects all over the world.  Wikipedia
has a list of them and there are quite a few in the USA, all though
some have membership fees.
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wireless_community_networks_by_region

I used to run a node in Melbourne, Australia.  This is a free, public,
community network built using off the shelf hardware.  They have a
nice map showing the nodes and connections if your interested.
  http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/maps/

Any idea if this type of free and open network is legal in NC ?

Bill