[TriLUG] Red Hat Cluster Suite

Justin Parker xjparkerx at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 10:35:22 EDT 2011

Hey thanks for the reply!

I am a customer (through my employer, and this is a pilot project for
them).  Through reading the NFS cluster example in the documentation I
was able to get an active/passive cluster going serving up my NFS
storage pretty easy.  Good documentation.  However, and this is prob. my
ignorance, is it possible to set up an active/active cluster?  Basically
all I'm looking for is a way to present multiple nodes a block device
and allow them all to potentially access it at the same time.  After
going through the docs I don't think I'd even need HA?  But GFS2 is
must, I think.  I'm trying to see if I can get around having to use a
metadata server like StorNext ($$$$).

Thanks so much for your help.  If you need a customer number or think I
should create a ticket for this, please let me know.

Justin