[TriLUG] Equipment to donate to academic or non-profit

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 14:56:06 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

We've retired our 32 bit cluster of 25+ pancake boxes.  At 2.8GHz dual
processor and 3GB RAM each it could still do some hair raising integer
math jobs but it was purchased back in 2003 so it's ummm.... old and
it's not contiguous so it doesn't make a good kegerator/beer pull.

If you are a non-profit or academic in need of such a cluster, email
me off list and I can give some details.  We will need some sort of
"Thank You" letter on your organization's letterhead, and I think that
would be about it.

If you can afford to plug it in, you might also be able to afford
something better, but please let me know.  I hate being the judge of
who is most "worthy" but maybe I could split it up according to need.
I won't be a bigot (much) on NCSU/UNC/Duke, but I would give
preference to community colleges or... well it's not hard to find a
needy school district in our state.

Thanks,
sean

"Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso