[TriLUG] PHP Compile Warning

Vaibhav Mishra anurodh78 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 00:13:03 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I am in need of your expert opinion. I need to compile, install PHP 5.3.5 on
RHEL 5.6 with the following options. I have resolved many warning but the
few of them (Bison version & Re2c) is really hard to crack so I thought of
taking your opinion.

Compile php-5.3.5 from source with following options gd, pear, zlib, bcmath,
sqlite-utf8, apxs2, png-dir, jpeg-dir, enable-sockets, gd-native-ttf,
freetype-dir, xpm-dir, mbstring, gettext, session, json, ttf, xsl”

Everytime I get :

configure: warning: You will need re2c 0.13.4 or later if you want to
regenerate PHP parsers.
configure: warning: bison versions supported for regeneration of the
Zend/PHP parsers: 1.28 1.35 1.75 1.875 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.4.1 2.4.2 2.4.3
(found: none).

Note: I have installed latest Bison & Flex for this. Even I can see result
of which Bison.

Any input or suggestion will be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

VM