[TriLUG] Macbook Curious

Corey Mutter corey at mutternet.com
Thu May 19 11:54:53 EDT 2011

On 05/19/2011 12:29 AM, John Broome wrote:
> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 06:07, Matt Flyer<matt at noway2.thruhere.net>  wrote:
>
>> I would like to thank everyone for their input and suggestions.
>>
>> I get the impression that the Macbooks are great machines, something
>> that I would consider for myself, but I don't think my mother would be
>> interested in hacking away with it.  She definitely falls into the
>> category of "I link Linux because it just works."
>>
> I think you may have macbook and linux switched in that last paragraph
> but I wish you and your mom the best of luck.

Back in '95 I had a computer-illiterate roommate who used my Linux
partition for Web surfing, email etc. because it Just Worked (once I got
it working the first time, of course). (If anyone recalls the days of
Trumpet Winsock dialup then you know why it was better).

IMO that's still the case today; once you (or someone) gets a Linux box
working well, it just stays working well.

/adjusts the onion on my belt

Corey