[TriLUG] Call and urge Perdue to veto H.129 or it becomes law tonight!

Reginald Reed reginald.reed at gmail.com
Sat May 21 01:29:39 EDT 2011

Just another data point - I live in Morrisville, right on the edge of
Wake county and I have exactly *1* broadband option, TWC.  Thankfully
the network infrastructure is new (~5 years old) and I get good speed,
but I have no alternatives!  My home is below street level and
Sprint/Clearwire WiMax is only guaranteed "on the street."  Verizon
barely could furnish a phone line and it usually didn't work, so we
got rid of it.  I can't even imagine attempting to use DSL over that
line.  And now that Frontier has bought up all the crappy areas that
VZ never really invested in beyond a small number of FiOS buildouts
they included to get regulatory approval (my opinion), I don't ever
expect them to ever over competitive broadband in my neighborhood.

--Reggie