[TriLUG] Fwd: Linux Jobs - Extron Electronics

brett bolen brettb at trilug.org
Fri Jun 10 13:27:40 EDT 2011

Extron Electronics is looking for SW&  HW engineers.  Our company's
headquarters is located in Anaheim CA, but we are expanding our Raleigh
site, and moving into a 140,000 sq foot building located just north of
the beltline between Capital Blvd and Brentwood, which is rumored to be
opening by the end of this year.

We build Professional Audio/Visual products -- A/V switchers, Scalers,
Scan converters,  and equipment used to distribute Audio and Video data.
Extron has more than 100 products, and sells to System Integrators,
Universities&  Schools, Corperate, Retail, Healthcare, and Government
enterprises.

My group works on an embedded linux device that takes Video/Audio from
multiple interfaces and distributes it over the network via H264 streaming.

We need engineers to help with Board Bringup, work with the FPGA
engineers, and maybe write a device driver or two.  We also need
engineers that can analyze network traffic and understand details of
network protocols such as RTSP, and networking standards such AVB.  We
also need Application programmers that don't mind getting their hands
dirty, playing with real hardware ( twiddling some bits, wiggling some
I2S, I2C, or SPI buses,  or even toggling some LEDs).  Or maybe you want
to help write some Apache Modules and HTTP pages. Or write detailed test
plans, and write some python code to test our products.

Audio/Video experience is also a big plus.

We have lots of needs, and looking for a few really smart folks that can
apply the skills they have and learn the ones they don't.

Send email to me at bbolen at extron.com ,   I'm just a grunt, but will
forward the resumes to the appropriate decision makers. ( direct
applicants only ).

Hope to talk to you soon.
    Brett Bolen
    bbolen at extron.com